Friday, August 1, 2008

We Be Pirates

I bought the yarn for this MONTHS ago. Being in the middle of a baby aran sweater binge (working on two at once), I decided I need a diversion. Diversity, they're always saying it's a good thing, right?
So, I've been working on this for a couple days, and it actually starts to look like the photo on the pattern. People at work are commenting, even the more religious/conservative among our group, that they thought it was, well, at least, "interesting."
I get on the bus tonight, headed for home and sit next to a woman about my age, maybe a little older. It is now clearly visible that there are skulls knitted into this project. This woman was looking at me as if the next thing to show up in the knitting, all shroud-of-Turin-like, would be the phrase "I (heart) Satan."
What gets me is, how did she know?

No comments: