Tuesday, March 16, 2010

FO Alert

I actually started and finished something with relative project monogamy.  Wow. Decide to make something, get materials, make it, finish it, wear it. What a concept!

This is the most excellent Swallowtail shawl.  Something that has been on my To-Do list for several years.  Started it at Madrona with yarns from there, and finished it just under a month later.  This took less than one skein each of the multi and the solid, both Crystal Palace Mini Mochi.  The yarn IS single-ply and splitty and I wouldn't use it again for a beaded project as the tiny beading hook just shreds the fiber.  However, I do love the look of it.  I decided to use beads instead of the designed nupps because I was very concerned about running out of the solid.  I probably had enough for 4-6 more rows, though.

 I need to get a better pix in natural daylight. Theoretically easier now that we're on DST. Right? Right?
 I have a couple of uninspired projects (hats mostly) started during or after this, but I think they are headed to Frog Island.  I figure if I can't get excited about them in the honeymoon phase, it is NOT going to get better.  So, I started this instead, which I *love*.
This is the Brandywine shawl from Designs by Romi.  $5 of the pattern cost is being donated to Doctors without Borders or another organization focused on help for Haiti.   This actually is pretty close to Kelly green, which seems appropriate given the holiday tomorrow. I also ordered the Trieste shawl which looks like a fairly easy pattern, also done from the tip up.

From this proud Irish-American,  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: