Thursday, August 14, 2008

Too Hot to Knit...

Haven't posted here for a while - been quite busy *due to this*. Plus, DD is planning to leave the nest in the next couple weeks. I'm still not sure she will pull that off.

I do have some progress on small items. I did a couple round of garter stripes at bottom of pirate hat, and I'm gonna call it good. They should have been done on a needles one size down, but it looks OK when worn (it tends to flip up a little when the skull hat doesn't have a skull in it).

Clearly, the heat is having an effect. Otherwise, why would someone make this: ( I'm calling it Accidental Vegetarian Quiche because it was Thursday night, I didn't have any meat handy to put in it, and I just plain didn't give a damn.)

in here:

when the weather looked like this today (88 degrees was the reading at 10:45PM, when I clipped this). Supposed to be 103 tomorrow.

When I'm home, I want to be at work where it's air-conditioned. When I'm at work, I want to be at home, because, well, it's not work (smile).
Nearly finished with the beaded section of a nice braided cable hat. Pix this weekend, probably.

Drink plenty of fluids.

No comments: