Friday, April 25, 2008

Wow. I gotta get out of Ravelry more often

Ravelry is a complete time-sucker, and I've ignored this blog because of it. Not that anyone ever READS this blog because, you know, I've been ignoring it (grin). I'm gonna try to change that.

I've started and finished several items not on the progress meters at the left. I will try to update those in the next couple of days.

Not much progress on the remodel; we have applied for financing and run into some snags. Apparently, one of the previous mortgage companies filed a lien against the house when the loan was sold on the aftermarket, and never cleared it. That mortgage companies is now out of business. I'm sure these sorts of things happen all the time, but they are frustrating when they are happening to YOU.

Projects - Stained Glass Felted Bag. This is an amazing pattern which you can see and purchase here. I'm very pleased with the way this one turned out:

There are more pix if you want to see them, but I like this one the best.

Currently, there are two main projects. One is another felted bag, the Noni Green Earth Grocery Bag:


The other is the Flower Basket Shawl, from Interweave Knits, done in Kauni. This was in TimeOut for a while, but I'm not sure why, most likely set aside for Christmas crazies. I've got 6 or 7 repeats done, quite a bit more than what shows here.

While it is my intent to make it larger than pattern calls for, it won't happen any sooner with stuff like this to deal with:



The one on the left, I gave up and frogged back to lifeline. This particular repeat was done 4 times, I think, before I got it right. The jury is still out on the reddish one at the right. I've redone it and frogged that already once this evening, and will try again before bed. It SHOULD work, but maybe trying to fix lace on a city bus isn't the best way to go.

Hopefully, this will get the new habit started. People who blog daily, or 3 x week, wow. I have a lot of admiration for you. I just can't be clever on command.

No comments: