Sunday, October 21, 2007

FOs and junk

Finished the Tulip Baby Sweater. This was a great little project. A couple days after the green yarn mysteriously disappeared (it has not yet shown up), my LYS called me to let me know they were finally kitting up this sweater; I had bought mine online. I got a second kit and a full skein of the green, using the green bit from second kit to finish the first. However, as you can see, there was plenty of yarn left over anyway. I think a simple roll-brim hat from this would be a nice way to use up the remnants.


I did start the clunky, chunky scarf and it's certainly instant gratification. I've just started the second of two skeins and it will finish out at about 5 feet long, a little longer maybe. It will make a good quick gift for the holiday employee raffle, I think.





I did one of the Calorimetry hat/headband (what IS this thing?) out of Noro Kureyon. It still needs a button. It was fun and quick, a couple of days diversion.




I've tried to work on DH's socks, but I just can't get excited about them. Every couple of years I believe the hype about sox and try it, but in a total of maybe 4 pairs done in the last 10 years, only one pair really held my interest - the Fair Isle sox using the pattern from Knitpicks. With the rest of them, it's really more a case of, "Are we there yet?" Please, can't these be done ALREADY?

Finally, what I've been working on this weekend, a Utopia Hat from Smariek Knits. Patterns are available at her Yahoo group. They are generally cable-oriented, some are simple and some like the one on her group home page, are quite elaborate. I did make a minor change on this, reversing the cable direction, just for my own quirky reasons.

Knit ON !!

No comments: